- The night before your tan, exfoliate with Siennax, exquisitely soft body polish, then moisturise with our Siennax exceptional radiance moisturising balm paying particular attention to elbows, knees, ankles, and any problem areas.
- Paint nails and toenails – especially if they are acrylics or similar.
- Wax/shave at least 24 hours prior to treatment to allow pores time to close. Dotting in pores may appear if not adhered to.
- Do not moisturise or use skin lotions on the day of your tan.
- Remove make-up, deodorant, lotions, etc, before your tan.
- Wear flip-flops or loose fitting shoes.
- Bring and wear dark loose clothing for after your treatment,
- Do not shower or bathe for at least 8 hours (the development period)any tight clothing or underwear may cause wear marks.
- Do not exercise or swim during the development period.
- Try not to touch your skin during development time. After your tan, your therapist will show you that your hands are clear of tanning solution. Any marks on your hands, therefore, are due to your hands touching the developing tan. You need to be aware that once this has developed, nothing will remove it from your palms.
Top tip: wear loose socks over your hands in bed.
- After showering/bathing with exotically rich face and body wash (formulated not to strip your tan off) pat dry only.
- Moisturise, moisturise and moisturise some more. Morning and night. Use Siennax extend & perfect gradual tan with 4% active DHA, so your tan is continually being topped up and its life extended. Remember to wash your palms after.
- After day 5, exfoliate with Siennax exquisitely soft body polish on a daily basis, to help your skin absorb even more moisturiser and keep it looking and feeling gorgeous.
- Long exposure to water and sweating from exercise will fade your spray tan. Your outer cells will start to soak up water which dilutes the effect of the tan. The longer you are in water the lighter your tan will get.