Ear candles have a purely physical function. A light suction action (chimney effect) and the movement of the flame creates a vibration of air in the candle, generating a massage-like effect on the eardrusem. This induces a pleasant feeling of warmth and balance of pressure in the ears, forehead and sinus.
Only the best quality original BIOSUN candles are used, which are regularly tested for safety and have a specially developed safety filter to ensure simple and safe application. Made of premium quality cotton, they are impregnated with pure beeswax, honey extract and traditional herbs such as Sage, St John’s Wort and Vitamin A.
The benefits of this treatment include:-
- Helps to alleviate the symptoms of nose and throat congestion.
- Aids pressure regulation in cases of; sinusitis, rhinitis, headaches/migraine, glue ear, colds and flu.
- Softens excessive or compacted earwax for easy removal
- Helps alleviate T.M.J. pain, tinnitus, ringing.
- Alleviates symptoms of Hayfever
- Helps vertigo and dizziness
- Can be useful to decrease snoring.
- Aids relaxation
- It is also beneficial to have a treatment before flying or deep sea diving.
This treatment is suitable for children and is a good alternative for people who have found syringing uncomfortable or too harsh and invasive. When a client has a lot of impacted wax, it may be beneficial for them to put 2-3 drops of warmed olive oil into the affected ear(s) before each treatment.
What does it involve?
After a consultation which covers your medical history, you will be asked to lie down on your side. A lighted candle will then be inserted into the ear which will be held by myself throughout the treatment to ensure your safety and enabling you to fully relax. Each candle takes approximately 10 minutes to burn to the required level. The candle will be removed and the process will be completed on the other ear using a new candle. A relaxing face and neck massage is then provided in order to enhance the effect of the candles and aid the lymphatic drainage of toxins. You will remain fully clothed at all times and each session takes about 45 minutes. During your treatment, you will be covered with a light blanket and background music will be played to help you relax and feel at ease.
How will I feel during and after treatment?
Most people feel a pleasant warming effect and a soothing pressure and pain relieving sensation in the head and ear area. After treatment, you will feel totally relaxed and at peace.
Can anyone have Hopi Ear Candling Treatments?
Those who have the following are not able to have this treatment:
- Infection or inflammation of the ear
- Surgery on the ear within the last 3 months
- Perforation of the ear drum
- Grommets (treatment could loosen them)
- Recent deep dental work (within 2 weeks)