Hot stone massage therapy has been used in many different cultures for many years. This deep massage technique involves the use of smooth black basalt volcanic stones, (known for their heat absorbing properties), which are pre-heated in water, to a safe but effective temperature prior to your treatment.
The massage combines traditional massage techniques, with hot basalt stones gently gliding over the body. Stones of varying sizes are used during your treatment, as an extension of the therapist’s hands. At times during the treatment, stones will be placed on or under the body to facilitate deep heat penetration, to relax the muscles and ‘draw out’ tightness and discomfort.
- Deep relaxation, physically & psychologically
- Reduces stress, anxiety & tension.
- Heat of stones penetrates much deeper than a normal massage
- Improves blood & lymphatic circulation
- Toxins & waste eliminated quicker and more efficiently
- Pain relief in tight, stiff muscles.
What does it involve?
Your first appointment will begin with a consultation, during which, I will ask you about your current health, medical history and emotional well-being. All details are held in the strictest of confidence.
Treatments are 60 minutes or 1 hour 30 minutes in duration and are performed while you are lying on a massage couch, covered with soft towels. During your treatment, soothing background music will be played to help you feel relaxed and at ease.
How will I feel after a treatment?
The energies from the stones promote a meditative and calm state, helping to relax to the deepest state possible and clients feel the warm nurturing and healing benefits long after the treatment is over.
Who can benefit from Hot Stone Massage/therapy?
Hot Stone Massage/therapy can help in the treatment of the following conditions:-
- Muscular aches, pains & strains
- Rheumatic and arthritic conditions
- Circulatory problems
- Back pain
- Stress & tension
- Anxiety & Depression
- Drink plenty of water, to help flush toxins from the body
- Avoid tea, coffee and alcohol
- A quiet 24 hours if possible, avoiding strenuous activity