Thai Foot Massage originates from China where the art has been practiced for over 5000 years, and Thai Foot Massage, as seen everywhere in Thailand today, has developed from Chinese, Japanese and Korean foot masseuses.
Traditional Ancient Thai massage is a unique form of Bodywork that incorporates Hatha Yoga, acupressure and reflexology with origins dating back about 2500 years. The roots of Thai massage are traced back to the founder of the practice known as “Father Doctor”, a doctor, friend and contemporary to the Buddha.
Thai Foot Massage works on the entire lower leg, knee and foot generally stimulates reflex points bringing the body into balance using fists of knuckles and thumbs. The use of a wooden tool assists in this regard.
- Facilitates relaxation
- Heightens awareness
- Frees blockages in energy flow
- Invigorates the nervous system
- Relieves pain and muscle tension
- Increases ability to absorb nutrition
- Improves circulation of blood and lymph
- Increase flexibility
- Strengthens and rejuvenates the body
- Gives a general feeling of well being assisting in balancing body, mind and spirit
- Enhances eliminations of wastes and toxins from physical, mental and emotional strain
What does it involve?
The treatment begins with with the therapist applying cream or oils to your feet and lower legs. A range of techniques that involve stretching, massage and thumb pressure will be used.
Using a special wooden tool known as a Foot peg, 23 of the main reflex points are stimulated enhancing a wonderful balance throughout the foot. The Thai stick carved from sustainable teak is used to stimulate organ reflex points on the soles of the feet; these are the same points that are used in Reflexology.
The final phase of the treatment an invigorating balm is applied and then your feet and lower legs are wrapped in towels . A close of coldspring water or herbal tea is offered to further enhance the cleansing effects of this wonderfully energising and detoxifying treatment.
How long does a treatment last?
A Thai Foot Massage lasts for approximately one hour. Regular treatments are recommended for optimum benefit. Some clients choose to book regular weekly or monthly treatments to keep their SEN lines clear and body systems balanced and in good working order.
- Drink plenty of water, to help flush toxins from the body
- Avoid tea, coffee and alcohol
- A quiet 24 hours if possible, avoiding strenuous activity